I've decided to take on some projects while Charlie has been on a business trip. He gets home tomorrow (yipee!) and I've made some progress. I decided to paint Brianna's room. Only because I started out just patching a dent in the wall left from the baby gate. After I patched it I figured I might as well to the other holes while I was at it. After I patched those I had to paint them. After I got out the paint I figured I might as well paint the hall (just one side). I finished the hall and then to use up the primer I had in the tray so I figured why not cover up the weird half finished stencil project the former owners had in Bri's room. Then I thought heck, I've done this much, I might as well turn it into a little girl's room.
So I start dismantling the office furniture set up in her room and set it up in the spare. Then I have to drag the huge, awkward, particle board desk around several corners only to remember--"Didn't Charlie say he wanted to get rid of this thing? Ahhh nertz!!!" Set it all up and start thinking about paint colors.
My friend showed me some bedding she was thinking about at Pottery Barn and I of course start browsing. This adorable little room has pink stripes and a floral wreath that looks like a chandelier. I'm not a pink fan so I started playing with the idea. First things first however, I need to prep the room.
I have to fill the holes so I'm only back where I started. Lots of holes. Then I discover pins in the wall that have been painted over. Then boogers. Painted over. More pins, poster sticky stuff (I thought it was gum at first) painted over. Then I scrape the paint drips off the walls and the baseboards. Now this room used to be painted the most intense color of lime green ever imagined. All four walls PLUS the CEILING! At some point the previous homeowners realized that a lime green cave is never a good idea so they painted a plain beige over the top but they were the worst painters ever. It took me a full day to scrape the paint off all the baseboards and moulding. I would have loved to just paint over it but they're a fake maple finish. I also trimmed the carpet in a couple of spots where the green paint fell in a big glob and dried there.
I'm finally ready to start the primer. But I think I might have to paint the ceiling because there is still some green paint showing through in spots and I just don't want to go to all this work to have the ceiling still look like crap. I'm exhausted all ready!
Ooh. I forgot. I imitated the floral chandelier thing and hung it up in Brianna's room already. It makes even her crappy room look FABULOUS!
2 comments:
I Wanna see PICTURES!!
Of the boogers? Didn't take any. I just spent all day putting primer on all four walls plus the ceiling. Let me see what I can come up with for a before picture. . . .
Post a Comment