Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas

We had a good Christmas.  Nice and relaxing.  We had tons of good food and friends and we feel really blessed to be so fortunate.  Especially at such a young age.  Both my and Charlie's parents were practically penniless when they had three little ones.  Charlie does a great job of providing for us.  He was thrilled to have a 4 day weekend and even more thrilled to have time off this week.

I didn't quite stick to my gift mantra of "Something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read"  but I did do a bit of shopping before my brother reminded me of it--how could I forget?!  It makes Christmas so much easier.  The kids always get jammies to open on Christmas Eve.  This year I made them each a robe as well.  William still hasn't even tried his on yet.  I was expecting him to be the most excited for them.  He saw me making them a couple of months ago.  I told him they were for someone else like the neighbor, or my nephew, or some poor little boy without clothes and he was disappointed.

Brianna got a robotic puppy and she squeals with delight when it chases after her.

I got Charlie dancing lessons.  Everyone is surprised when they find out but Charlie has wanted to take dancing lessons for a long time.  He sort of taught Merengue lessons when we were dating and that solidified my attraction to him.  Any guy who will clear the floor and ask you to dance deserves a second date.  We always thought we were too busy for lessons but by golly, sometimes you just have to do it.  Charlie insisted I fulfill my dream of going to Scotland a couple of years ago so hopefully this will be something like returning the favor.

My Christmas present is still coming.  I've been drooling over a couple of arm chairs at Macy's (Chloe Velvet Metro armchair.  White or blue?)  I've decided on blue but it took me so long I missed the Christmas cutoff.  This is a real splurge for us so I feel spoiled.  They're velvet for pete's sake.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

i'm jealous!....I wish ben would learn how to dance. He doesn't even like dancing at weddings! sounds like a fun christmas....Have a great new year!