We used to have a hand-me-down coat for Brianna that was white with tiny pink flowers on the lining and a little bunny sewn into the front pocket. She loved it. I wished she would wear her beautiful Baby Zara pink pea coat but she preferred the bunny coat. She used to walk around holding onto that little bunny head even inside he house. Even when she was much too big she still wanted to wear it so I gave it away hoping she would stop asking for it and so I wouldn't have to take a three year old out in a 18 month coat.
It didn't work. She still asks to wear the bunny coat and I don't even remember to whom I gave it.
This year I'm making the kids robes from snuggle fabric in their favorite colors (I might have fuzz permanently stuck up my nose, but that's another story). For Brianna's robe I scoured the stores for a tiny bunny before settling on a little pink pig for the pocket. I attached it to the robe with a ribbon. I couldn't bring myself to cut off the head and sew it into the pocket like the bunny. If I were a kid I think I would be frustrated at not being able to take it out and play with it. Do you think she'll like it? I still wish I had a bunny and I wish I had kept that coat to give her when she has a daughter of her own.

1 comment:
Where's the bunny?!
Post a Comment