It seems funny and awkward to cover so much time lapsed. I haven't posted hardly at all over the past year. First because I wanted to put up some pics and didn't have the right memory stick or cord or whatever, second because if I skipped the picture posts, then they would all be out of order. Oh well. Something is better than nothing.
Carter is in 3rd grade. I remember the girl I was in third grade. Trying to master those cursive G's, getting glasses, reading James and the Giant Peach. Carter is reading Captain Underpants, Guardians of Ga'Hool and Charlotte's Web. He grew interested in cursive a year ago, probably because Charlie and I both write in cursive, and probably because Charlie writes in cursive to keep things secret from the Chinese in his meetings--very 007. Carter plays with Legos endlessly and loves Ninjago and StarWars.
Will is in Kindergarten in the afternoons. In Kindergarten I played with Katie in the backyard I she taught me all the songs she learned in school (We're Coming to America-Neil Diamond and God Bless the USA-Lee Greenwood, must have been a patriotic year). I adored her and wanted to do everything she did. Even in first grade our curriculum covered learning the alphabet and writing our names. Will, already 6, can write his name, do basic arithmetic, and read short stories. He plays with Brianna in the mornings and usually they have a wonderful time together. I'll be sad next year when he is in school all day and Brianna has half a day alone. Will has been especially tender and cuddly lately and I am loving it. He often tells me I am beautiful. I never knew it would feel so wonderful to have my child think I look beautiful.
Brianna is in preschool as a peer model in the early intervention preschool for our district. She goes Monday through Thursday for three hours. I love picking her and our neighbor, Jeffery, up from preschool. Their little chatter and giggles to each other and excitedly telling me about preschool is one of my favorite parts of the day. Brianna tries to sing the songs she learns but doesn't always remember the words. Usually its more like a teaser trailer. Something like 5 little pumpkins and Albuquerque Turkey and Wiggle my Fingers.
My little family is growing up and it makes me both sad and excited. I try to remember to take time to play while they still want me to and let the chores wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment