We recently got back from a vacation to Vancouver and in our amazing hotel they served this appetizer and gave the recipe!!
It was in metric, so I had to adjust the recipe as best as I could. I also halved it so it would be small enough to put in the bread maker. I didn't want to touch that sticky mess more than I had to.
Cheese Herb Bread
Combine in bread maker:
1 Tb Sugar
1 Tb honey
1 Tb salt
1/3 c olive oil
1 3/4 c water
1 1/2 tsp yeast
3 1/4 c flour
Yeast dissolved in warm water, other liquids, then mix together flour, sugar, salt and herbs and add to bread maker. after raising twice, scoop gooey dough by 1/4 to 1/3 cup into oil (in pan or fryer) preheated to 400'F When golden on both sides remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Dust with Parmesan cheese and serve with Tomato Chutney.
The original recipe says to let it proof once, then knead on floured table, cut into 12, roll out using cornmeal. Allow to proof again and then fry.
Tomato Chutney
1 crushed clove garlic
1 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 in stem ginger peeled and finely chopped
2 lbs tomatoes (blanched/skin removed, eyed, seeded, and rough chopped)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 TB raisins
Saute garlic and ginger in a little oil using a hot thick base saucepan. Add all remainder of ingredients and bring to a boil, simmer. Cook until it has reached a thick consistency, correct seasoning, and cool.
I thought the chutney was too sweet so I haven't made or experimented with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment