Thanks Jamie for the recipe, by the way.
Sugar cookies
3 c sugar
Sugar cookies
3 c sugar
1 1/2 c butter softened
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c buttermilk or plain yogurt
8-10 c flour
Add flour until dough is barely more than sticky then refrigerate.
Roll dough to 1/4 in thick and bake at 375' for 8 min.
Cookies should be doughy but firm not brown--not even on the bottom.
The baking time is what makes or breaks the cookie. Shiny on top is not baked enough.
Bake too long and they will not be moist. I think I baked mine for 6.5 min but It might be
a Seattle thing.
Frosting
1 cube butter
8 oz cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla
2 lb powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Cream together and spread over cookies.
2 comments:
I will be trying these. Always game for a good cookie-- but how do you know they taste good?
Hahahaa, I devoured several dozen around Valentine's Day, which was BEFORE admitting to be a food addict and going on a 'lifestyle diet'.
Post a Comment