So I recently decided to change my eating habits. My mom used to do this diet called Feel Great in Eight which had several different key points to the lifestyle change and ran for eight weeks. Some of the behaviors were not eating after 8:00 at night (Eat after 8, don't lose weight!) Eating 5 servings of fruit PLUS 5 servings of veggies, 8-10 glasses of water a day, exercising, plus other behaviors like personal prayer, maintaining healthy friendships, scripture reading, blah blah blah. It's pretty intense. They don't even let you count peas as a vegetable because of the high natural sugar content.
So I tried to not eat after eight and be more conscientious about what I ate throughout the day. And then I read a book called The End of Overeating in America and I decided I was a genuine compulsive eater. I highly recommend the book. So I began a diet on April 18th to not eat any sugary or fatty treats for 6 weeks and not eat anything when I'm not hungry. It's been an eye opening experience to realize how much of my day I focus on food and how much I think about the next time I can eat. Really crazy when you stop to think about it. I am starting to listen to my body's cues and am surprised how little I am genuinely hungry.
So I'm three weeks into it and I'm feeling pretty good about myself for taking control and being stronger than a craving and reprogramming my body to choose healthy habits instead of eating for stress relief, reward, loneliness, boredom, stress, stimulation, pick-me-up, celebration, comfort, anger, stress, and stress.
No comments:
Post a Comment