Well, Charlie's trips have all been on and off but no more China trips on the horizon. My parents came to visit before the busy season starts and were hoping to give me a little rest while Charlie was gone. They ended up arriving just a few hours before Charlie landed and left just after Charlie ran to Ohio for a quick trip. I was glad for a visit regardless of the timing. In fact, maybe turned out better because I still had company while Charlie was jet-lagged and babysitters for date nights! Thanks Mom and Dad! We got to go out or to friends houses a few times and went mountain biking together as well. I haven't been on the bike in about 9 months and was surprised to realize how out of shape I really am.
Charlie took a day off work to spend time with the fam and a plan for a day trip to the WA coast turned into a weekend. It was so much fun and so needed. We spent a couple of hours playing in the sand, flying kites and running from the waves. We actually ended up with our car in the water when the tide came in. A quick scramble and we saved the toys and scooted the car back to a safer position.
We played together in the pool, had a round of mini golf, a walk, a little shopping and some more time on the sand. It only took about 2 1/2 hours to get there so I'm sure we'll go back again soon. I'll have to post some pics. . . . sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment