Monday, February 22, 2010

iBean

My dad at a trade show saw this silly gimmick called iBean.  Its a giant bean, only it sounds more trendy if you put an i in front of it.  I know I sound bitter.  I was just so excited for my bean!  My dad told me about it over the phone and I thought he was describing a bean with a word or symbol lasered on it that went deep enough it imprints on the bean itself and when it grows the little imprint shows up too.  
I was imagining this bean with a symbol printed on at least the first leaves but thought, well, if it can imprint on the first leaves why not all of them?!  This thing sounds cool!


Here's my bean with the first leaves popping up.

And here is the bean with the leaves up and open.  No imprint on the leaves.  I thought it was a little too good to be true.  Turns out the laser imprints only on the cotyledon, which is in laymen's terms the seed, only without the outer husk layer.  The leaves are popping out of the cotyledon and you can see the symbol on it in this pic. Darn.  Not that impressive.  Oh well.  Thanks anyway Dad!  I was very thoughtful of you to bring it.

So the instructions on how to plant the bean have something along the lines of "hold the bean in your hand and whisper your dreams and hopes to it.  Transfer your positive energy to the bean and your hopes and dreams will come true and grow with the bean"  Really lame and hokey.  Oh well.  I am grateful for the sign of spring.  (Gratitude is printed on my bean)

No comments: