While Carter and Mason were playing I heard Carter start to pray and sweet little Mason offer his amens to Carter's prayer. They also used the phrase "Pretend that . . ." quite often. I remember using prayer in my play as a kid and also using the phrase 'pretend that.' I distinctly remember riding my bike in the driveway in Kanesville thinking "Why do we say 'pretend that'? It's such an unusual thing to say. Why don't we say flat out what we are pretending to be? Why don't we say imagine? Why not say let's pretend?"
It's odd that Carter is old enough to remember these types of things as an adult or that I remember being Carter's age. It gives a new perspective to being a parent and a new perspective on my own parents. I wonder how Carter views me . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment