Thursday, January 8, 2015

My days: Wednesday

Wednesday
7:45
Pry my eyes open, resist getting out of bed.  Boys are in benadryl induced coma. Play some music to try to wake them up. Make breakfast, pack Brianna's lunch and snacks for the boys.  They are buying school lunch today. Get dressed, pack Carter's backpack because he's not going to make it to the bus on time.  Encourage Will to change his shirt since the sleeves are three inches too short, yank snarls out of Brianna's hair, run to bus without prayer or scripture study.

9:00
Answer support group emails and phone calls, report attendance and service hours.

11:00 
Gardening.  Today I need to turn the compost heap, since it hasn't been touched in 9 months, and its actually not raining today.  The mixed pile is approximately 4 cubic feet.  I enjoyed myself but now old back is protesting.  I enjoyed listening to an Amelia Peabody book while I worked.


2:45
I scrub as much dirt as I can off my hands and make some lunch.  Follow up with a hot pack on my back.  Clean up the kitchen, try my fancy new dry broom, use new hair and lint tool on my bathroom, threw away a hair ball of alarming proportions. Transfer laundry.
3:45 
make plans to host book club and help a friend tomorrow. Out to bus stop. Backpacks, coats, etc. Get ready for scouts which includes choosing and preparing a healthy snack to share. Walk plate of hot scones to neighbors house to thank them for frog-sitting.
4:30
Comb Brianna's hair into a ballerina bun on top of her head according to her illustrated instructions. Herd Will and Brianna into the car for scouts and errands.
5:00
Bring a friend back home with us for a short playdate. Help with some studying, fold two loads of laundry, answer texts and phone calls, set up appointment at the Family History Center to teach a lady with the elders. Talk to Charlie.
5:45
Pick up Will from scouts, drop Rebekah back at her house. Warm up potatoes and ham for dinner, eat, listen, console, reprimand, calm, explain. Clean up dinner. Find supplies for Carter
7:00
Run Carter to scouts, doodle some new flash cards for the 12 x tables.  10 minute chill session on the floor. Google what to do with the coffee beans I got as a Christmas present.  Looks like for garden benefit they should be already used.


8:00
Pick Carter up from scouts,  start bedtime routine, reprimand, console, give up.
8:30 
Impromptu math lesson teaching Will to subtract a set of two digit numbers borrowing from the tens column.  Complimentary lesson teaching Brianna so we are equal. Forgo tooth brushing.
9:00 
Finally get kids in bed.  Blog. Clean up kitchen and living areas. Listen to my audio book so I don't hear the kids scampering about upstairs. Put William back in bed. Grind oatmeal for whole wheat pancakes and prepare the mix.  Make a batch of syrup, talk to Charlie.  Snuggle Brianna in my bed as I fall asleep.

No comments: