Saturday, July 17, 2010

video games and a clean bedroom

Charlie recently promised the kids they could have a new Wii game (Mariokart) if they kept their room clean for a week. I was sure they wouldn't and wasn't thrilled about the promise but I didn't worry about it too much because I really didn't think it would happen. The first night Charlie helped them clean their room for half an hour and in the subsequent days only a few minutes of cleaning kept the room nice. Charlie was away on business so by the time we actually got the game it had been about a month :)!

They have been doing a great job and I extended the reward scenario to include a clean room if they want to play it. I have been genuinely surprised and pleased. Will especially does a good job. Just a minute ago Carter said to Will "I don't know if they are saying Mariokart Wii or MarioKart Wheeeeee! Like the thing you say when you go down a slide."

Fun boys.

No comments: