Wednesday, May 18, 2016

May 2016

Life seems to blow by so quickly.  I have a boy in Young Men's, another boy with braces, and my youngest is getting baptized soon.  Carter is such a sweet gentle kid. At the dentist recently, he as jiggling his foot, I assume he didn't like the tooth cleaning, when I patted his foot in an attempt to comfort I realized his toes were practically bursting through the tip of his shoes.  Instead of buying the next size up I bought two sizes larger.  They fit. He wears a size 8 men's shoe. That's a bit bigger than my foot! He had a friend come over the other day whose feet were even more gigantic and who was almost as tall as me.  It was a little intimidating.  This kid wants Carter to join his after school band and play the trumpet.  He has set up a schedule of practices on google drive and printed out emails and addresses for members.  He gets the sheet music from his grandmother. I love it. We have these giant boys playing grown up with help from the elders.

William has an expander to spread his upper palate.  He has a crossbite and has had to wait for his back molars to come in before he could get orthodontia work.  He has braces put on his front teeth to pull them back together when his mouth gets wider. The orthodontist said that if he didn't have any work done, his jaw would actually grow longer on one side because he currently has to shift his jaw to bite his teeth together. He's been a great trooper with all the annoyance and gum pain.  I told him I really enjoy turning the key to his expander because he has to snuggle up in my lap every night and open up wide. He is still our snuggle bug. Lately he climbs into bed with me every morning and often falls back asleep. Sometimes I feel torn between staying in bed with William or getting up to make sure carter gets to the bus on time.  Will often turns off the fan and flips on the light in the boys' room to help Carter wake up, then crawls under the covers with me.

Last Wednesday I had to take William to the orthodontist before school so all of us had to be out the door at Carter's regular bus time at 7:45.  Will really likes to be on time and prepared, plus if he arrives on time he gets an extra token, so with the two little ones in the car I went ahead and shut the garage door and left for the appointment since Carter was ready for school and putting on his shoes.  After a long wait at the orthodontist, I dropped Brianna off at school, went back for  brace-face William, took William to school, and was about to drive to institute when I decided I had better stop off at home to get my cell phone left forgotten on my bed in the morning rush. I found Carter curled in a ball on the couch instead of at school. He had run upstairs to get a jacket and missed the bus. I had 6 missed calls from him and 4 text messages. I ran the third child to school and still made it to an hour of Isaiah study at institute, super thankful to be a stay at home mom.

No comments: