Brianna has been having fevers every month lately. No symptoms other than fever for 4 days, really pale, lethargy, and decreased appetite. The Drs say its really uncommon for a child to have a fever without any respiratory symptoms so we were hoping the cause was recurrent UTIs she had her second negative urine culture over the weekend and sent her down to the lab for a blood draw. It was so sad holding her tiny little body and telling her it would hurt.
We were anxious over the weekend and the nurse called and said there were abnormal values. Tried to maintain our heads while we waited to for the dr to call. Her white blood cell count is high but not high enough to suggest leukemia. So they still don't know what's wrong. It could just suggest a virus but they are perplexed because she never seems to be contagious and she gets sick so frequently. So basically they told us not to fret because there is nothing to do until she complains of pain or her temps get higher.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh. I'm sorry! I hope she's doing okay.
I'm so sorry. Not knowing what is wrong with your child is so frustrating! (Not to mention how hard it is to watch them suffer through testing) She and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! Let me know if or how I can help!
Post a Comment