Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Crazy Busy

So I joined the pit orchestra for our church's play.  I'm busy.  No time to chat or tell you how at first I was so extremely overwhelmed at the difficulty of the music (I forgot about how horrendous pit music is) that I asked for a blessing from my husband and prayed my little heart out.  I also don't have time to tell you that a time warp was created from intense practice that put me back at my high school days level of ability. Phew.  But the music is still beyond me and I told the director that certain lines of music are not going to happen in this life or the next.  Did I mention that never in my life have I been part of an orchestra where there were less than 3 (usually 20) flutes?  This time its solo mio.  Thats why its stressful.  The busy part comes from Charlie having his first travel assignment for his new job (he gets back opening night), classes I'm already committed to, homework for me and the kids, 4 practices a week with some of them in Enumclaw, Halloween, Carter's upcoming birthday, and Carter gets to be an extra in the play too.  We'd love to have to attend the play Nov 3-5, 2011 at the Enumclaw Auditorium.  Or come to book club at my house on Nov 10.  We're discussing The Help and I intend to have enough free time to make a fabulous dessert.

1 comment:

robin marie said...

holy cow you have been busy! i didn't realize half of all of that. good luck and let me know if you need anything!