Friday, May 13, 2011

Hawaii

We are back from Hawaii and I now we know why everyone loves it. Warm sandy beaches, pleasant people, short flight from Seattle, not to mention 5 different radio stations all playing reggae. The boys had some silly inside joke while in the car. They had the windows down on the freeway and started screaming out the window "chicken patty!!!". I don't know where they got it from and I didn't know they even knew there was such a thing as a chicken patty. It was pretty funny and soon all of us started doing it. On the way to the airport our favorite reggae song came on so we all rolled down the windows to sing at the top of our lungs and scream chicken patty.
Chillin' with her Doggy (I didn't allow her spoons to come on vacation so she brought Doggy instead)

Brown stuff on top of her head is a bruised Plumeria.  Blends in with her hair pretty well.  

Sunken USS Arizona

USS Arizona Memorial

Thank You Casey for the loan of your carrier, it came in quite handy.  Brianna loved the snuggling in the carrier when it was super windy at Pearl Harbor.
I discovered Charlie and I are really bad about keeping a camera handy for picture taking. One moment I hope I never forget and wish I had recorded was at Pearl Harbor. Charlie and the boys went on the USS Bowfin tour but Brianna wasntold enough to go so she and I walked around the grounds.     Brianna chased the birds all over the place and ran around picking up flowers to put in our hair. She especially loved the Plumerias. She got upset when they bruised so easily and kept asking how the flowers got so dirty. I loved watching her toddle over the grass and pavement squealing and laughing.
View of the resort.  Really quite beautiful.

Will and Carter

The kids were all running around and being silly while we waited for the  van for  the catamaran.


By the end of the trip Carter got really good at snorkeling.

Will enjoying a mouth full of snacks.

Brianna smiling mid snack.

Ahhh.  Beautiful day.

Playing in the lagoon



Carter enjoyed the tour of the submarine.

Standing in front of the shell for the Mighty MO

Plaque in the deck where the table stood for the surrender of Japan in WWII

Surrender documents

Carter and Charlie on the upper deck

No comments: