Monday, January 10, 2011

Family newsletter

Since I rarely publish anything I'm going to hit two birds with one stone and just post the most recent submission to the Schramm Family newsletter.  Hahaha.


I can’t remember when we last reported in the newsletter or what was said, but considering that nothing of supreme importance happens from a day-to-day basis I suppose it doesn’t really matter.  We have disagreeably settled in to a dreary Seattle winter and can only resolve to get a better fill of summer next year.  I felt like it only started by the time fall came around.  We had overhead lighting installed in our whole house, which has helped to brighten (literally) our spirits. 

I was just called this week to be the music coordinator for our ward.  I never thought much about who picked our hymns but it is low impact and something different so I am happy with it.  I have been reading Great Expectations and really love it.  Charlie tells me it is quite famous and is surprised that I had never even heard of it before. I have also enjoyed the kids much more and I wish I could say it is because I have developed some amazing new character trait like patience or compassion but it is maybe a combination of things.  Carter is in school all day and Brianna has not yet developed any Terrible-Twos tendencies.  William grew out of the Tremendously-Terrible-Threes and is in preschool 2 mornings a week.  Will and Brianna go to an institute nursery one morning a week while I go to the Church History Class. I would hate to say that I enjoy my children more the less I see of them so I really hope that that is not the case.  The just seem so pure and mild and easy to enjoy.

So we stay busy with all the activities already mentioned and add a few playdates with friends or a movie to keep the boys from ripping each other’s throats out.  When we pull out the art supplies the boys both paint rainbows or action figures underneath a rainbow (which I am sure is a scene the creator of the action figure did not envision, but I am highly pleased that their first impulse is to paint something happy).  Brianna will invariably turn any collection of things into a family unit so instead of drawing a rainbow her markers turned into a mother and child and they both took a nap in the dollhouse’s bathtub.  Brianna also had her first real haircut this week.  We cut off 2 inches but her hair still falls to the middle of her back so its not very noticeable.  We try to have a special activity on any Saturday that Charlie is out of town so today we drove to Alki Beach and built sandcastles, looked for shells and seaglass, and held invaders off the beach using driftwood for weaponry and fortifications.

Much love and we hope to visit with at least some of the clan soon.

Susan Charlie and kids
















1 comment:

Ashley said...

The bangs look great on Brianna! What a cutie--I can't believe her hair is that long! And I love the action figures under the rainbow bit :)