Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mountain Biking

Charlie and I went mountain biking for Char's birthday.  I look sooo hot all decked out in Charlie's gear, I couldn't help blowing a Marilyn Monroe kiss.  It is his birthday after all.


This is towards the end of our ride when I had learned a lot and gotten a lot better.  This hill was kind of scary for me and it was so much bigger than it looks here!!  I thought it was tricky going down in between the rocks, keeping my feet at parallel, not braking in the mud, and making the turn.  


Here we are at the end of our ride.  I did manage to get a HUMONGOUS bruise when I flew over the handlebars, but as the bruise (or badge of honor as the boys call it) was on my thigh, I thought it might be a little risque to take a picture.  There is a huge knot where the handlebar hit my leg and then it looks like I poured a can of nasty motor oil over it as the blood broke under the skin and ran down my leg.  The bruise was soon every color of the rainbow as it started to heal.
 
It was a lot of fun and I know why Charlie loves it so much, plus you can't complain about the scenery!!  I can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are one tough cookie! And your beautiful little Brianna does have THE MOST BEAUTIFUL big blue eyes and eyelashes!! There now you've been validated from an outside source!!